A Word from the President
I am honored and enthusiastic as I begin my term as President of VPEN and I am committed to advancing our league as we continue to grow and represent the women in business in our community!
I continue to gain both personally and professionally through my involvement in our vibrant organization and I encourage you to increase your involvement in VPEN this year! There are numerous opportunities to get experience in many different projects as well as continuing education and don’t forget networking opportunities for you business!
Take a leap and attend one of our regional or national conferences this year and you will not regret it! It’s like a “shot in the arm” of energy and motivation and the participant will surely be revitalized upon returning. I also invite you to utilize ABWA’s Community Connections, log on today!
Let us know if there are educational programs you would like to see added to our meetings and how we can improve our communication with you and provide you with the tools, so that you can be a better you, and we can all together, better serve our community!.
Visit our website and join us on Facebook as we begin our journey!
President, Victoria Professional Express Network
Greetings ABWA sisters! On behalf of the National Board of Directors, we want to wish you all a very happy and prosperous New Year. We have so many exciting projects and events to come this year that we cannot wait to share them with you!
The VISION of the American Business Women's Association (ABWA)....is to bring together businesswomen of diverse occupations and provide opportunities for them to help themselves and others grow personally and professionally through leadership, education, networking, support, and national recognition.
2016-2017 Victoria Professional Express Network
Outright Grant (ORG) Scholarship
The Stephen Bufton Memorial Education Fund of
The American Business Women’s Association
The Outright Grant Program offers junior level (or higher) female college students a scholarship that helps to offset costs associated with their college tuition, books, and fees.
- The maximum grant amount for each awarded recipient is $2,000.
- The institution must be located within the U.S. and is licensed, accredited, or state approved.
- Each grant awarded is for one academic year only and is not renewable.
- Recipients may receive only one Outright Grant per Award year.
- An applicant may NOT apply for more than one ORG in the same award year with a different sponsoring league.
- Funds awarded may be used for tuition, books, and fees.
- In the event that the applicant receives full funding of tuition, the scholarship must be returned to SBMEF.
- Check for grants awarded are made payable to the education institution and the applicant jointly.
- The SBMEF Board of Trustees serves as the selection board for awarding all grants.
- Checks must be cashed within 6 months of issuance.
- No applicant is guaranteed a scholarship.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a female and U.S. Citizen.
- Both ABWA members and non-members may apply for an ORG scholarship.
- Must have completed a minimum of sixty (60) credit hours.
- Must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade point scale.
- Must be attending an institution that is authorized to confer degrees at the baccalaureate level or higher in the United States.
- Must provide a biographical sketch, three (3) professional letters of reference dated in the same year as the application, and an official college transcript.
Your application will be completed online and will include the following:
- Applicants must complete in full the Outright Grant online application (SUBMISSION DEADLINE May 19, 2017).
- Applicants must complete a short biographical section which includes career objectives, educational goals and any other pertinent information.
- Applicant must upload three (3) professional letters of reference dated in the same year as the application.
- Applicant’s attending education institution must submit an Official Transcript to: The Stephen Bufton Memorial Educational Fund, 9820 Metcalf Ave., Suite 110, Overland Park, KS 66212
HOW TO GET STARTED: